Useful Information - Business Ethics
Maala Index for Social Responsibility
In February 2005 the Israeli stock exchange, together with Maala launched a new Social Responsibility Index – the Maala Index. The Index contains the stocks of the leading 20 public Israeli companies in the Maala ranking subjected to additional criteria of the stock exchange.
For background on the Index, click here. For the detailed Index, click here.
Searchlight on Organizational EthicsNovember 2004
Ethical Considerations in Strategic Business Planning
A word to future business managers:
Badaracco, J.L. (1997). Defining Moments: When Managers Must Choose Between Right and Right. Cambridge, Mass. Harvard Business School Press .p 4.
- Ethic: Knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do
Former Supreme U.S.A Court Justice Potter Stewart
- Ethical behavior is that which is morally accepted as good and right as opposed to bad and wrong in particular setting
Ronald R. Sims
- Business ethics is the application and adaptation of ethical considerations to the decision making process of business organizations
- The Colombia Tragedy by Arie Reshef
- Why Smart People Do Unethical Things
- Read more about Principles of International Business Ethic
- View the article "Managing Ethics in the Workplace: An Ethics Tool kit for Managers"
- Read Arie Reshef's article: Organizational Ethical Culture - A Necessary Condition for Developing a Learning Organization (In Hebrew)
- View the presentation: 60 Seconds on 'The Connection between Ethics and Organizational Excellence' And the Results of 2003 National Business Ethics Survey
L i n k s
View some Business Ethics Recommended Sites: